Geotechnical investigations (soil investigations)
The objective of soil investigation is to establish a reliable picture of the building site conditions with regard to geological and geotechincal characteristics, necessary as a basis for reconstructing, planning, designing and constructing buildings and structures.
Reaalprojekt OÜ conducts geotechnical investigation for the following objects:
- roads, streets and railways;
- bridges, overpasses and tunnels;
- buildings and structures;
- utility lines (water, sewerage, gas, electricity etc.).
We proceed from the acts and regulations (the Building Act, the Planning Act, the Procedure for Performing Geotechnical Site Investigation etc.) and instructions and standards (EVS-EN 1997, Instructions for Designing Flexible Pavement, Instructions for Road-related Geological Surveys etc.) that apply in the Republic of Estonia upon conducting geotechnical investigations.
We use modern field survey equipment to conduct geotechnical investigations:
- the Geomachine GM 100 GT and GM 65 GT multifunctional soil investigation rigs;
- equipment for various types of drilling, boring and in taking samples;
- equipment for various types of dynamic and static penetration tests;
- manual boring equipment (Eijkelkamp) to drill boreholes and take samples in locations that are hard to access;
- the Garmin and Trimble GPS devices for stationing investigation points and a Topcon leveller for altitudinal linking of investigation points.
We use specialised software combined with AutoCAD Civil 3D to process data from geotechnical investigations and to prepare reports.
The following data is required in order to prepare a price proposal when ordering a geotechnical investigations:
- the location of the site – site plan, address etc.; and
- information concerning the planned structure or issues that need to be resolved (i.e. the reason of geotechnical investigations are required). For example, in the case of new buildings being designed, descriptions or drawings that determine the main parameters of the building – dimensions, number of storeys, structure etc.
We will thereafter contact you to specify the volume of the investigations required and prepare a price proposal.